• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Transfering Beersmith between computers

caburdet78

Apprentice
Reaction score
Having issues transferring Beersmith 1.4 recipes from my old lap top to my new laptop that has 2.0 ... any help would be appreciated

Hi,
  You should be able to import the BSM files from BeerSmith 1.4 into your program by opening them:
  - On the old computer, Export all of your recipes to a BSM file
  - On the new one, open the file up and then copy/paste the recipes into your My Recipes folder to store them permanently

If you are having trouble importing the BSM file (a few have, particularly on the Mac side), just email the BSM file to me at beersmith at my beersmith.com address and I can convert it for you and mail it back in BeerSmith 2 format.

Brad

Hey there, I had a similar problem

I was using Beersmith 1.4 and had a few of my own recipes in there that took ages to fine tune

Windows died, so I installed to a new harddisk. I have the old harddisk and it's readable, I can see beersmith installed to c:\program files (x86)\Beersmith and there are lots of .BSM files in there but none of them have my custom recipes

---

I just found my recipes (air punch!) in
C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\BeerSmith\recipe.bsm

Hope this helps others!  Maybe i'll check out this Cloud Save feature in 2.0

BeerSmith said:
Hi,
  You should be able to import the BSM files from BeerSmith 1.4 into your program by opening them:
  - On the old computer, Export all of your recipes to a BSM file
  - On the new one, open the file up and then copy/paste the recipes into your My Recipes folder to store them permanently

If you are having trouble importing the BSM file (a few have, particularly on the Mac side), just email the BSM file to me at beersmith at my beersmith.com address and I can convert it for you and mail it back in BeerSmith 2 format.

Brad

hopefuloly will get a chance this weekend to take a look at it

Back