• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Adding more ingredients to BeerSmith 2

CA_Mouse

Apprentice
Reaction score
New user here, so forgive if this is covered somewhere else. I have done several searches and not found anything.

I'm starting to add my recipes to my BeerSmith 2 software database and have found things that are not in the ingredient lists that are in my recipes. For instance Crystal 15L is not in the list. There is 10L & 20L, but not 15L. I have run into several others as well. Is there a more comprehensive ingredient database somewhere? If not, how do I go about adding the ones that I need?

Any pointers are much appreciated!

Mouse

Hi,
  First you can try the "add-on" button - which will go out and pull the latest grain listings and let you download them.

Second if you still can't find the ingredient you need you can go to the appropriate view such as Ingredients->Hops and add a new ingredient from there to your list of ingredients.

Cheers,
Brad

Thank you Brad!

I actually hear you say the very same thing in one of the Podcasts, so I'm up and running on all cylinders now and loving the software!

Bob <aka Mouse>

Back