• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Dual Weight Units in Shopping Cart (or elsewhere)

pavelump

Apprentice
Reaction score
Dual Weight Units in Shopping Cart (or elsewhere)

I switched over to the dark side.  Metric!  Oh my!

Actually, I love using metric units for brewing.  So much easier.

But, when I put a recipe into the shopping cart and take it to my LHBS, I have a hard time picking up supplies because they're all in pounds and ounces.  It would be great if you could specify a shopping cart alternate weight unit to display.

Or for that matter, sometimes it would be nice to be able to have an alternate weight unit visible.  I'm so used to mashing in at 1.25-1.5 qt/lb and it hurts my brain to think in L/kg.  :)

But the shopping cart would be my top request.  As it is now, I have to change the units, add my recipe to the cart, print the list, and then change the units back to metric.

I agree with you. I measure all of my hops in grams. Because all of the recipes and ordering quantities are typically in lbs/oz, it would be great to be able to view both metric and imperial in two columns right next to each other.

I'd like to third this suggestion.  I've been switching to metric units for measurement; I've found them able to be far more precise during brew day, and my temperature controller has much better precision while reporting metric units.  But, as stated, my LHBS does their measurements in English units. 

Joe

I just switched as well and this was my biggest hang up on making the switch. I also think this would be worth it's time in programming. Thanks

Back