• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Recipe ingredients swapping

McEpicurean

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I would find it very handy if I could right click an ingredient in BeerSmith and swap it out for something else. This happens to me mostly with hops where I am dialing in a recipe and then decide to swap out say my 20 minute addition. It would be fantastic if I could right click the hop, click swap, select a replacement hop and BeerSmith does the swap for me keeping the AAUs the same.

This also comes up with grains, although less frequently, as well. For example I want to swap a light Munich for a dark Munich and keep the gravity points the same. You could even do a yeast swap with the starter configuration staying the same.

Maybe I fiddle way more than other people but I think this would be a really awesome feature that would be a time saver. Would anyone else find this handy?

Hi,
  You can swap out an ingredient - use the "suibstitute" button which is on the right side of an open recipe design view (just below the add/edit/delete-buttons) next to the ingredients list.

Brad

Back