• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

New to this forum

U

usmcruz

Im a all-grain brewing marine, stationed on the island of guam.  

Well Hello, thanks for doing your job for us.

So what is Guam beer like?  Any special ingredients?

They have a special beer like coconut drink here.  They take the juice of young coconuts and pour it down a hollowed out piece of bamboo and let the wild yeasts ferment it.  Havent tried it yet but i will let you know how it taste's if i survive it.

Welcome and like tigger said THANKS for what you do!!!!

That drink sounds, well, interesting.  Let us know if you need your stomach pumped :-X

Don

Just to let you guys know a little about me.  Im not active duty no more but still a marine dammit.  I got injured on active duty, tried to stay in but they gave me the boot.  I had a mark 19 (80 pound weapon land on my lower back).  messed me up for a while, but getting a little better.  My wife is the active duty one, and she's navy.  Dont ask how we manage navy and marine in one house.  Im 28 years old and have a little one 11 month old baby girl, and yes she has a set of digital cammies.  I know some of you guys dont care about backround info, but i just wanted to let you know who you were talking to.
                                   Semper Fi

I like the backround info. specialy from our service people.  Even if they are Navy ;)

Go Army beat Navy!!!

Oh yea! Navy killed Army this year :-[

I pull for Army becouse my Father-in -law was 82nd Airborne Nam and my brother was 7th Cav. Germany during the cold war.

How is life on the island?

Don

Of course you know what NAVY stands for

Never
Again
Volunteer
Yourself

a former sub sailor

Fred

For most of the countries I visited I was on the wrong end of a periscope

Fred

Could they send any brew down that periscope? :D

Thanks Fred!

I have a "lifer" nephew in the Corp and several friends in Iraq.  I spent 3 tours in Nam.  

All I guess I am trying to say is GOD bless you all...May you complete the missions and come home safely.

Yes, I said GOD and I didn't explode OR have the ACLU call me!!! ::)

Could they send any brew down that periscope? :D

Thanks Fred!
That's a very bad thing to have something extra coming in when you are already a sunk boat.

Fred

Back