• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Water1, 2, 3, 4, 5.bsmx

Toy4Rick

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
I have 5 Water(X).bsmx files in my installation folder, which one should I use and what are the others for?

Toy4Rick

So I added a new profile for my local water, it appears to be saved in Water.bsmx, not one that is numbered.  When I enter the Water Profile tool and select "Base Profile", my new profile is not listed.

What am I missing?
Toy4Rick

It appears that nothing will save to Water.bsmx.  I added a water profile, even tried to change an existing profile, no luck as nothing will save.

The SW does ask if I wish to save upon close and the timestamp on the file does get updated, however when I reopen the file, the edits are gone

Thoughts?
Toy4Rick

Just tried it here .... (latest update to BS and Win 7) and all works fine......

I went to INGREDIENTS - WATER - Changed a profile and named it MY TOWN and saved it. Then closed BS, reopened and added the water profile I had just created to a new recipe. No glitch at all.

Don't know what you could have done. Perhaps a "write permission" is not allowing you to really SAVE that change?

Just a guess

Hi,
  The numbered files are backups - just in case the computer crashes while saving or you have a crash of the program itself.

Brad

So why can't I save water profiles?  This seems so basic but just won't save

Toy4arick

Back