• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Beersmith 2 license

kontrol

Apprentice
Reaction score
I'm planning to buy Beersmith 2 and I would like to know how much activation can I do when I buy the software. I have 2 computer (1 desktop and 1 laptop). I plan my recipe on my desktop and follow my beer progress and note with my laptop. I'd like to be able to buy the software and activate it on both computer, is that possible?

When you activate it, there is a note in there that tells you exactly that. You can have it on up to two computers. I think Brad knew we would be doing just that....sitting in the kitchen with our laptops, making sure we got the ingredients right at the right time. I love that he even put a timer in when you're brewing to let you know when to perform the next step.
Have fun!

beernbourbon said:
When you activate it, there is a note in there that tells you exactly that. You can have it on up to two computers. I think Brad knew we would be doing just that....sitting in the kitchen with our laptops, making sure we got the ingredients right at the right time. I love that he even put a timer in when you're brewing to let you know when to perform the next step.
Have fun!

That guys is now in my genius hall of fame! Thank!

My exact question as well. Can you also move your archive recipes from your desktop to the laptop. I've had BeerSmith on my desktop for three years. Just got the laptop. Would like to be able to have everything the same on both machines, i.e.
my 2010 recipe folder, 2011 recipe folder, and my 2012 recipe folder. Is this possible? Thanks simie

Simie said:
My exact question as well. Can you also move your archive recipes from your desktop to the laptop. I've had BeerSmith on my desktop for three years. Just got the laptop. Would like to be able to have everything the same on both machines, i.e.
my 2010 recipe folder, 2011 recipe folder, and my 2012 recipe folder. Is this possible? Thanks simie

I think you can do it by using the Cloud solution with beersmith. For myself I changed the working directory of both beersmith I installed. Shared the folder on my lan and now I can work on both.

Back