• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

infusion tool - strike water

goschman

Apprentice
Reaction score
When calculating my strike water temperature, I get two different values from the infusion tool and the mash tool from within the recipe. The caluculations are about 4 degrees off with all variables being equal. Any idea of which is more accurate?

I would use whichever comes out to a higher temperature simply because it would be easier to make corrective adjustments cooler (by adding cool water) then to warm up a low miss. (I use a single infusion into a cooler that I cannot apply heat to).

I think that the infusion tool asks for 1 less parameter than the mash profile and it seems to effect the outcomes. I would take note of your actual outcomes and and make adjustments to the profile. I was always coming up low and I kept tweaking the mash tun weight and specific heat until its prediction was closer to reality.

Thanks. I ended up using the estimate from the recipe section which was 4 degrees lower. The mash temp stabalized right where I was shooting in about 20 minutes so it seems that one is pretty accurate for my system.

Back