• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Refractometer entry

jjocsak

Brewer
Reaction score
I would like to be able to enter a brix reading directly in the recipe view then have the program auto calculate it into a standard gravity reading (ex.1.056). As of now if I am in the recipe view I have to back out and use the refractometer tool then go back into the recipe view.

Update: Just checked and it does work for SG (13.1b) will convert to 1.053 but does not seem to work for fermenting wort.

Jeff

Jeff,
 The only problem is that you do need more information in most cases (see the refractometer tool) to convert a refractometer reading to a SG.

What I've been considering is having a small icon or pop up next to the SG field to allow you to open a dialog for the quick refractometer calculation.

What do you think?

Cheers!
Brad

I think you have all the information you need Brad.  The actual OG is easy,  you do it now.  For the FG, if you endter a refractometer reading assume the OG is what you entered above, perform the calc, and put the reading in in std (SG) form.

Fred

BeerSmith said:
Jeff,
  The only problem is that you do need more information in most cases (see the refractometer tool) to convert a refractometer reading to a SG.

What I've been considering is having a small icon or pop up next to the SG field to allow you to open a dialog for the quick refractometer calculation.

What do you think?

Cheers!
Brad

Brad I think that is a good idea. As it is now every time I want to do a Refractometer calc I have to go out pf the recipe and back in. Not very convenient.

Jeff

Jeff,
  I'm working on it - it is on my list for a future version and I'm programming daily now.

Brad

Back