• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hello out of Pittsburgh

Rmufb71

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I am new to Home Brewing, my name is Joel.

My starting point: Mr Beer Kit---- My brother bought me this for Christmas as we both like beer he figured if I can learn to make it he reaps the rewards. (he is right) However I have been fermenting for 4 days and there are very few bubbles on the top of the beer and quite a bit of sediment, I keep it in a cabin to keep it dark, when I open the cabin all I smell is yeast, and I am concerned I have ruined it (it is dawning on me as I type this that I may have suffocated my beer) (HOPE NOT) but due to this concern I have opted to get a real starter kit and try and make some great beers. Hope to be an active member and to learn fast!!! Thanks for reading this see you in the Forums!

Welcome to the forums.  I bet your beer is fine.  You say there are few bubbles now and a lot of sediment.  Were there lots of bubbles earlier?  If so your beer has passed through active fermentation and settled into the backend part of it.  The sediment is not an issue at all.

Humble,

There where indeed a good deal of bubbles earlier. Thanks for putting my mind at rest, like i said its my first batch in Mr Beer but I am waiting for all the pieces to come together for a 5 gallon kit

Back