• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Problem with inserted photos

Alan78

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi folks :)

I have a little problem with in BS when i insert a personal photo clicking in "+", on right, but BS makes strange things  :-\. It's look a thousand points instead my photo.I had tried with jpg format, png, tif, gif... reescaling the photo... nothing seems to work.

I'm running my BS over Linux (Ubuntu).

Anybody have this problem?

Greetings!

I'm not sure what might be going wrong here.  It may be a Linux issue since it seems to work OK on PC/Mac.  I'll try to run some tests on my Linux machine here to see what i can find.

Brad

I realize this is an old thread, but the problem persists in Ubuntu 15.10 and Ubuntu 16.04 (and I think prior to these as well). The image appears to be read and displayed, but it looks as if its length and width are being ignored and the are just dumped into the image control as they are read.

I imagine it's an issue with a library that has been updated and BeerSmith needs to be maintained for compatibility with the new library version.

(Now, if only BeerSmith were open source, it would probably be relatively easy to fix...)

Back