Author Topic: Matthew from NC  (Read 2387 times)

Offline lorax429

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
Matthew from NC
« on: January 10, 2013, 07:34:30 AM »
Hello everyone.  My name is Matt and I have been brewing for just over a year now.  I did a little brewing a very long time ago back in college but none of that is really relevant to my brewing experience at this point.  After 1 year and 8 batches of beer I made the move to all grain for my 9th batch and I really enjoyed the whole process.  I am already sure that I am going to love brewing all grain recipes.

I have been using BeerSmith since my second batch. Love the software.  It makes brew day go so much smoother.  I have been using the forum as a resource when ever I have had questions.  Now that I am moving into the more advance brewing I figured I am likely to have my own questions to ask and it was time to introduce myself.  Happy brewing, and thanks in advanced to the community for sharing your knowledge. 

Offline factory

• BeerSmith Master Brewer
  • The Factory Alewerks
Re: Matthew from NC
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 09:13:50 AM »
Welcome!  I have taken much the same path you have and have learned much here on this forum.

Where are you in NC?  I have in-laws that live near Durham, and when I was a Marine I lived in Havelock (Cherry Point).  My wife and I are planning to retire near or in Ashville.
Fermenter 1: Lite American Lager (first lager!)
Fermenter 2: empty
Keg 1: Bell's Two Hearted Ale Clone
Keg 2: Factory Punkin Awesome!