• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Matthew from NC

lorax429

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hello everyone.  My name is Matt and I have been brewing for just over a year now.  I did a little brewing a very long time ago back in college but none of that is really relevant to my brewing experience at this point.  After 1 year and 8 batches of beer I made the move to all grain for my 9th batch and I really enjoyed the whole process.  I am already sure that I am going to love brewing all grain recipes.

I have been using BeerSmith since my second batch. Love the software.  It makes brew day go so much smoother.  I have been using the forum as a resource when ever I have had questions.  Now that I am moving into the more advance brewing I figured I am likely to have my own questions to ask and it was time to introduce myself.  Happy brewing, and thanks in advanced to the community for sharing your knowledge. 

Welcome!  I have taken much the same path you have and have learned much here on this forum.

Where are you in NC?  I have in-laws that live near Durham, and when I was a Marine I lived in Havelock (Cherry Point).  My wife and I are planning to retire near or in Ashville.

Back