• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Manually adding a recipe creates an entry on the calander

michaeldlong

Apprentice
Reaction score
If I see a recipe in print I like and enter in manually into BrewSmith 2 it automatically creats a brew day.  Is there any way to manually enter a recipe with out that happening?
By the way,  love the software.

There is a setting for the calendar that says something like "only show beers from brewlog".  If you check this box, then only beers in your brewlog folder will be displayed on the calendar.  Then you can use the "copy to brew log"  feature to add a recipe when you want to brew it.

where will i find the settings for this option to change the calendar?

I can't find it either and I don't see it in the help files.  I play with a lot of recipes and they ALL show up in the calender, even the ones I will never brew.  be nice to get them out.

Ok I did just find it.  It is the drop down that says folders to display near the bottom of the options page.

You'll also notice in the upper right area of the 'design' tab (where you add ingredients, etc) is the "Brew Date". It defaults to the date you started your design. If you change that date to a year or so ago, it won't show on your calendar. I use 11 November 2011, so that I can look at my recipes at a glance and know which ones I've brewed or not. Once I am ready to brew, I change the date to the actual brew date and then it populates the calendar appropriately. I also changed it as Tom mentioned, but I keep them all front and center, so most times that doesn't work for me.

Back