• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

What folder is this recipe in?

Beer_Tigger

Forum Moderator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Brad:  Another useability issue.  I was hunting around for a recipe to make, opening several from different folders.  I compared them and decided which one I want to make.  However, I have no idea which folder it came from.  Can you put breadcrumbs somewhere on the recipe tab "Beername in folder: Sample Beers".

I looked all over teh recipe page, the menus, the toolbars and could find no hint.

What I wanted to do is copy it and paste it into my "Next Beers" folder.  Again, no clue how to do that.  I immediately right mouse clicked to pop up a context menu on the recipe page and got none.  I looked at "Save As" but that does not allow me to specify where I want to save as.

Is there anyway I can help you to add these types of user friendly things?  I've got spare time and 20+ years software development under my belt.

Beer_Tigger said:
Brad:  Another useability issue.  I was hunting around for a recipe to make, opening several from different folders.  I compared them and decided which one I want to make.  However, I have no idea which folder it came from.  Can you put breadcrumbs somewhere on the recipe tab "Beername in folder: Sample Beers".

I looked all over teh recipe page, the menus, the toolbars and could find no hint.

What I wanted to do is copy it and paste it into my "Next Beers" folder.  Again, no clue how to do that.  I immediately right mouse clicked to pop up a context menu on the recipe page and got none.  I looked at "Save As" but that does not allow me to specify where I want to save as.

Is there anyway I can help you to add these types of user friendly things?  I've got spare time and 20+ years software development under my belt.

+1

I'm in the same boat. 18 years in software.  I used to dream in c/c++  I keep meaning to sit down and do a comprehensive study of the bs2 ui.

I think jomebrew is a sw guy as well. We've all been around since near or at the beginning, and answer the bulk of new user questions. 

I had the same request months ago with no reply, it really reduces the functionality of tabs if you don't know where you came from.

Lets hope this comes along real soon

Toy4Rick

tom_hampton said:
I think jomebrew is a sw guy as well. We've all been around since near or at the beginning, and answer the bulk of new user questions.

Worse, I am a QA guy and champion usability and intuitiveness.  BS2 is great but typical of an engineer.  I can give you 20 different ways to do something so I will.  I am not so great at designing my own interfaces but am pretty good at critiquing others :)

Back