• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

How to exclude Dextrose from mash efficiency calculation?

bfinleyui

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I have an All-Grain recipe (jamil's cream ale) that I just finished mashing.  It includes a late-boil addition of 1lb of dextrose.  the software seems to be counting that when figuring my pre-boil efficiency.  When I leave the dextrose out, it has my efficiency at 80% (in line with what other calculators are giving me), but when I add it back in on the design page (marking 1min boil addition, or 'add after boil') it drops the mash efficiency down to 69%.

This shouldn't be happening, since the dextrose doesn't happen until after the boil's almost over.  What am I doing wrong?  I've tried it as both an AG and Partial Mash boil, but nothing's making a difference in the way the software interprets it. 

Help?

It's a coralary to a bug I reported to Brad a couple of months ago. He said it would be fixed in the next release. 

Back