• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Water Profiles

B

Bob

I think this has been covered before but I'd like to add my vote for some added features regarding water profiles.

Save my additions to convert my local water to another profile.  For example, if I'm converting Chicago --> London, I'd like to be able to save the chemistry additions I made in beersmith.

Alternately, if you could automate the conversion, there'd be no need to save the work I do.

Thanks!  it's a great tool and I love using it!

Bob,
 Thanks for the suggestion.  I'm looking at both options!

Brad

Some of the 'famous' beer water profiles, such as Dusseldorf, Newcastle (Northern England), and Cologne aren't in BeerSmith, and aren't readily available on the Net.  If you could complete the profiles for all of the beers in the BJCP listings, it would be a real upgrade, at least for me!
:)

Could you email a list of the missing profiles to me?  I would like to add these to an upcoming data update.

Brad

Hi Brad,

The ability to specify whether a salt addition is for the mash or sparge water would be a nice enhancement.  I use Kaiser's water calculator and I follow its recommendations on Mash additions and sparge additions but I have to track this in the note sections of the brew sheet.  It would be great to have my brew log represent what I actually did during the entire brew session.

Thanks and keep it up.  I am really enjoying your creation!

Back