• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hops blend function

Mr. Beer

Apprentice
Reaction score
I am working n a recipe that uses 5 different hops. I am going to add equal amounts of all 5, for 3 additions. That means I have to input 15 hop additions, it would be easier if I had a "blend" then it would only be 3 entries and not 15. It would be nice to have some way of say, inputting the data of the 5 hops and then basically have that group as an object with the proper IBU calcs.

Also since I can't do this, it would also be great if I could resize the design window where it lists the ingredients.

You could define a new hop ingredient that is a blend of your hops. Then simply add that "ingredient" to your recipe.

I could that Tom, but how do I calculate all the variables of the 5 different hops into 1?

The only one that really matters is aa%.  You can simply use the weightedaverage of the aa% from each hop.

Back