• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Small batch pro type recipe

rblevens

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi, I am new here, while I am feeling my way around the forum- I have a 15gal brew kettle and 15 gal mash tun and HL kettle. I appreciate complex beers- but long for good simple ones, too.
What I am looking for is to try a few pro style recipes. Pro style, to me, would be a commercial brewer's flagship style beer. ready to drink in two weeks. Ingredients simple and easy to obtain in my case mail order.
Thoughts?
-rick

If you are looking for a simple "light lager"  type of beer, a kolsch is a very nice beer.  You need fermentation temp control to make one, because they ferment at 58f, but other than that it's a simple recipe.

SNPA

http://forum.northernbrewer.com/viewtopic.php?t=15532

I've only made this once, but it was ready quick and very tasty. Hmm, Looking in beersmith it seems I added some carapils for some reason. I think I was low on crystal 40L.
I went with .33 oz magnum instead of .5
8 oz carapils
9.6 oz crystal 40
1 pound crystal 60L

I know it seems like a lot of crystal malt, but darn it's good.

Back