• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

A return to brewing "after all thoughs years"

ouldefauder

Apprentice
Reaction score
Last batch I did was around 35-40 years ago. Last beer I had was Holsten premium in a can and I am still enjoying it right now. I'd prefer Red Cap but they quit making that strong tasting beer years ago.
I lost most of my recipes over the years but the one I miss most was an amber ale of around 5% that exploded like candy floss in your mouth. It was heavily hopped with a great deal of bittering which I enjoy. I have not had a beer of such great taste since then and hope to be able to replicated my old favorite again. and I look forward to sharing ideas with all of you. Equipment and ideas have changed a lot since then and I will be looking for much appreciated advice to help me on my journey.
Ouldefauder

Wow! If you ever replicate your amber ale recipe, please share it here.  I'm sure that more people than me would like to try it.  It sounds great.

I'm a relatively new brewer, I only have 11 batches under my belt, but I understand that the quality of ingredients has improved over the years, especially yeast and hops (this comes from talking to fellow brewers that have been at it since the 80s).

After you've been brewing a while again, I'd love to hear from your perspective how things have changed.

Back