• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Beersmith Recipes Cloud API?

vortexau

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I'm working on software to control my home brewery, and I have it successfully parsing the BeerXML output exported from BeerSmith2; using PugiXML and C++ (runs on Linux). Generates steps for step mashing, sets dough in, mash out and sparge temps, etc etc. The brewery itself isn't yet up and functional, but the software is well on the way.

What would be super cool though, is a method of browsing recipes on my BSR Cloud and downloading the required recipe at the start of the brew day. Currently they have to be manually exported from BS2 and copied to the machine running the brewery.

Is there any plans to open the Cloud API to the public?
It wouldn't be without it's issues of course, but it sure would be nice!

I would like to second this.  I'm working on an app to help with scheduling and forecasting for a super-nano and it would be really helpful to be able to pull our recipes directly from our cloud account. We are currently using Beersmith both at home and in the Nano to track recipes and handle timing and record keeping on brew-day.

I have built a brewery which is controlled with a web app and today I have to download an exported beersmith xml to it. An API to the cloud would be fantastic!

I vote for this!

Agreed, another vote to open up an API to the cloud recipes, i am working on a brewery control / journal app type of thing and would love to have easier access to the recipes.

Hello guys,
I know I'm a few years late but if you're still interested in an API I may be able to help.
I have successfully reverse engineered the software to access the recipes in my cloud account.

Back