Author Topic: Grain mill in the UK  (Read 5676 times)

Offline rjm842

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
  • Beer fuels my power cells, I'm a mighty robot....
Grain mill in the UK
« on: December 03, 2013, 02:58:34 AM »
Hey guys,

I have been extract brewing for a few year but around 2 months ago stepped up my game to full grain. had a cracking IPA come out of it so far and a Mild ale thats racking as i type.

SO as the title implies, i need a malt mill/cereal mill..

this is so i can stop buying small batches of grain already milled and get bulk orders of shoe grain in so they keep longer.

When i read the posts already in this forum they tend to be USA locations and i can't really do the shipping for 2-3 kg lump of iron across the atlantic..

so, ant brits out there with any advice? I've done a standard browse of the online brew stores and they are all pretty damn pricey..

any help would be sweet.

Offline drb1215

• BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
Re: Grain mill in the UK
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 06:21:35 AM »
Hi,

I found in another forum where someone in the UK bought their Barley Crusher from http://www.beertech.co.uk/.  If you go to the site, they really don't show anything...so you would need to contact them to inquire about it.

Also, have you checked ebay.co.uk?  There are a few grain mills being offered http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6040Home-Brewing-barley-malt-mill-crusher-Homebrewing-Equipment-/181269923695?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Food_SM&hash=item2a3487876f

Hope that helps!

Offline rjm842

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
  • Beer fuels my power cells, I'm a mighty robot....
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 02:06:41 PM »
Thanks for the reply i shall look into it :)

yeah i noticed a few mills out there for around 100 quid or a bit less...

Im just grumbling because I'm a cheap kinda guy and in the states you can get a mexican made one for around $20..

what do you use if i may enquire?

Rich

Offline drb1215

• BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 03:31:01 PM »
I use a Barley Crusher.  Works great and I would highly recommend it.