• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

copy/pasting recipes

alcaponejunior

Master Brewer
Reaction score
Is there an easy way to copy/paste a recipe from beersmith II to another document?  I'm finding that either Ima moron or this is way too much of a pita for some reason (probably the former).

Good question. It almost feels as if my recipes are on lockdown.  :mad:

One thing I just tried is click on 'Preview'.
You'll see a filename at the bottom of the document. Example: C:\\users\grathan\documents\beersmith2\reports\bsxtmp_123.htm
Navigate to that folder and right-click, open with, Microsoft word, save file or copy the contents and paste elsewhere.

That is extremely helpful to my immediate needs.  However, is it an obvious flaw of beersmith II that the first version was easy to copy/paste and the second version requires additional software to accomplish the same task...?

Thanks!

If you bring up your list of recipes...there's a preview window to the right. I cut and paste from there. You can also change the way its formatted in that window as well.

I have been able to copy from the preview pane (bottom/right) but cannot use the key board shortcut (Ctrl + C)... you need to right click and select copy.  I would suggest right click "Select All" then right click again and "Copy".

Back