• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Cheers from Wellington New Zealand

a_daley

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Been brewing since 1993 with interests in music and gardening.  Worked pretty much most of this time in IT - from when the internet was all plain text until what was science fiction in the 70s is real today.  (think about cellphones and Star Trek)

Last brew was an all grain medium sweet stout and was kegged yesterday.  Put my AG Christmas Strawberry Ale into the secondary fermenter with 3.4kg of Strawberries and a few additives.  Brewed this because strawberries were on special. 

Generally brew more dark beers but have made a chocolate chilli stout that had 1kg of dark organic chocolate and 10 chilli -  Last time I brewed it the whole lot disappeared in 2 weeks and I only drank 5 glasses of 30L - obviously the neighborhood talked too much.  :( 

When you put your strawberries in did you put them in the primary or the secoundary? The reason I ask is I am trying to make an apricot beer and I am not sure when to put in the apricot puree.
your choclate and chilli beer sounds good. I need to try something like that.

Cheers from Texas, USA. I just got back from an 8 day business trip in Blenheim.  My return connectedtthrough wellington to auckland, lax, etc. Wellington looks like quite a nice city from the air. Lots of hills with the city spread throughout the terrain.

Back