• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Preferences, Profiles, Ingredients, etc to the cloud

slapshot

Apprentice
Reaction score
Since I use BeerSmith on two computers I would really like to be able to sync preferences, profiles, ingredients, etc to each computer perhaps through the cloud.

At this point I have to remember I made the change and then copy the Documents/BeerSmith2 folder to the computer and hope I did it in the correct order without over writing the latest changes.

I'd like to second this!

I tried to clever by "Chang[ing] Documents Directory" on each of my computers to a sync'd Dropbox folder, but it overwrites the folder thus deleting the previous contents.  So it would be great to have all specialized things (profiles, etc) sync'd in the cloud.

Thanks,
  I don't recommend putting BeerSmith documents on a drop box folder - the program will overwrite the data and some people have had data loss.
Aside from the BeerSmithRecipes cloud there is no synch checks in the program that prevents one copy from overwriting another.

I am looking to expand the cloud in the future to capture more data (profiles, ingredients, etc).

Brad

I too would love to see more cloud enabled features.  Inventory is a priority for me, using the software on both my laptop, and my iPad (when brewing), it would be quite helpful to use the same inventory totals (and preferences, ingredients).

Back