• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

How to tame the kegging lines?

MaltLicker

Forum Moderator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
I re-did all four gas lines and attached them all to the four-nozzle-distro bar yesterday.  Only two are connected at the moment.

How does everyone tie and control their gas and beer lines in the fridge or freezer?  I have a fridge with room for four kegs and CO2 tank.

Lines are laying across kegs and it's bugging me.  Please post pix if possible - I need ideas I can steal.

I have a chest freezer with 4 taps and 4 distro bar.  since I close the cover I don't really care how the lines look.  Why does it bug you?  Maybe you need another homebrew?

My biggest problem is tracing the gas lines back to the manifold to see which keg I wanna open gas to( I like shutting everything If gas isn't needed ). I use picnic taps and I just set the tap on top of whatever keg it goes to. The Kegs are labeled.

Not a permanent setup because the kegs will go back out to the garage fridge once I stop seeing single digit temperatures out there. That fridge has a lot more room than the chest freezer and I don't worry so much about where the lines run.

Perhaps those rubber holders like under the car that hold like 4 gas or brake lines to the chassis and some bread wire or zip ties?

I just ordered Vinyl/PVC tubing that is solid Blue, Green, Yellow, and Red... and way too much of it.  For other things I found that different colored lines just make things a little easier... figured it could also help with keg lines. 

I also second zip ties or hooks.

coil liquid lines inside keg rubber handles & ziptie them together.  Gas lines are shorter so I let them be.

Back