• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hello from Massachusetts!

chiieddy

New Forum Member
Reaction score
We've been brewing for awhile but just started to move off kit brewing and I'm looking forward to learning more about it.  We generally partial mash brew but I've become curious about all grain brewing and have been wondering if it's worth making the leap.  I prefer to brew more experimental styles and play with adding fruits and spices.  My husband prefers more straight forward brewing style, so his recipes tend to counter-balance mine. 

Welcome, were from Massachusetts are you from? I live on the south coast Fairhaven. I have been brewing all grain for a few years now and could walk you two threw a few batches if you live close by. I also have my 1st 5gal. mash tun with a nice false bottom and copper wort chiller. I was thinking of listing them on home brew talk.

I now use my new RIMS.

Matt

Attachments

• 0202132316a.jpg
    0202132316a.jpg
    580.6 KB · Views: 356
We're on the North Shore in Saugus.  We mainly use our beer in tailgates across the summer from Revs games.  There's a bit of a homebrew crowd there.

Sounds like fun I will have to try and make a few games, two of my daughters are year round soccer players.

Matt

Making the leap to all grain is so totaly worth it.  Your beers are cleaner, more balanced and if you like to experiment the options are limitless.  Its fairly in-exspensive to get started, but its addicting. I started out with just an alluminum pot a 5 gallon igloo cooler.  But, after a few times thru,...  I built a gravity fed brew sculpture on my front porch for the nice days, and an emegency back up station in my basement, for the snow/rain days.  My wife is quite understanding.  The ability to do full wort boils is where it really counts.  Full wort boils offer full utization of your hops, breaks down the sugars in your wort, and whatever spices/flavors you may add. 
  Love the buzz

Back