• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Beersmith 2 ??

baer19d

Apprentice
Reaction score
I down loaded Beersmith 1.4 trial version several years but I haven't used it too much and now I'm planning on buying Beersmith 2. Right now I'm trying out the trial version. I know, somehow it allowed me to keep using it well beyond the trial period but I ran the update option today and now it's asking for a registration code. Anyway, my question is can I import my data from version 1.4 into 2.0 without a registration key for 1.4? It would appear that I can't because it's not allowing me to. Do I maybe need the full version of 2.0 for it to work?
Thanks, Mike

Hi,
  You should be able to do the import if you have BeerSmith 2.  On the PC version you can try the Import Wizard which is on the File menu.  The alternative way to do this is to export your recipes from 1.4 manually to a BSM file and then import them into BeerSmith by opening the BSM file and then copy/pasting the data over.

Brad

Back