• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Lagering and bottling

cpapkt

Apprentice
Reaction score
I am going to brew a Killians clone this weekend.  I am using White labs Burton Ale liquid yeast and then going to lager for secondary fermentation.  I am going to bottle a case of this beer and keg the rest.  My local home brew store told me I should consider a conditioning yeast for the beer I am going to bottle since I am lagering this beer.  The bottled beer will be father's day gifts.  The home brew store also suggested kegging the whole batch and then filling & capping the bottles with the kegged beer.  The only draw back is he said it wouldn't last as long as if I carbonate with sugar. 

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what may be the best way to go about being able to bottle a case of this beer and kegging the rest?

Thanks!

should have no problem bottling as long as u condition bottles-try fizz tabs by northern brewing for good co2 and let sit @75 for two weeks then lager

I have had bad luck with the carbonation tabs. They're not sterile. I dunno, maybe you could microwave them or something, but whenever I've used them I had gushers with rings in the neck indicating an infection.

To me this looks like an excuse to get a beer gun or some equivalent thereof.

Back