• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Yeast Pitch Amount in ML

JC

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I'll start off by saying that I've been brewing for only six months, and I've been using BrewSmith for about three months. I love the product, and I appreciate the great work Brad has done and continues to do.  :)

I re-pitch from slurry most of the time, sometimes with starters and sometimes without. In the recipe design there doesn't seem to be much flexibility for measuring yeast in anything but packages. I'd like to be able to input ml of slurry into this field. Just a suggestion. Thanks.

Agreed.  I work around this by creating my own yeast ingredients with the desired properties. or....I just write it down on my brewsheets for record keeping purposes.  then my recipe just becomes a record of what yeast strain I use, instead of the process used to obtain it. 

Back