• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hello everyone

Flipper66

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi guys

Finally managed to get this site to work. It looks amazing and I can't wait to start using it. I am a newly turned all grain brewer who lives in Edinburgh Scotland but is fascinated buy the amazing new varieties of beers coming out of the us.

I've got a beginner question I hope some can clarify. I get confused with the different measurement such  as us gallons/imperial gallons/litre. Is all the recipes on beersmith in Us gallons  ????

Secondly is this one http://beersmithrecipes.com/viewrecipe/1645/bells-two-hearted-ipa[ us or imperial gallons ???????

Thanks

Flipper66

Welcome Flipper66.
I am pretty much of a newbie in AG brewing also..  I think you can set your recipes to whatever mash volumes you need.  Click on Tools, Options, then Units on the left to give you what measurements you are using for that particular recipe, be it US Gal, Imperial Gal, qt, pint, etc. etc...  When I convert a German recipe to US I will add all ingredients per the German recipe (ltrs, kilo, gr, etc.) then change units gal, qts, lbs, oz, etc..

ON the second question, most likely that recipe is in US Gallons... 
Hope this helps and I haven't spoken out of turn.

Back