• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Ingredient Count Limit

metron-brewer

Brewer
Reaction score
I was wondering if there is a limit on the total count of an ingredient type that can be entered. I have 113 different "Hops", of which I currently have inventory on 30 of them. If I start keeping track of individual lot purchases, identifying each lot purchased as a new "Hop",  will I eventually max out on the number of different "Hops" I can have?

I don't think there is a limit to how many items are in a particular ingredient file, as long as each is unique.

I've tried something similar using grains from different manufacturers. The problem was when the items were given the same name. I.e. Pilsner Malt from various maltsters. It didn't seem to look beyond the NAME field for sorting out which one I chose. which played havoc with inventory and the shopping list. Once I added extra text in the name field, everything worked as expected.

Back