• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BIAB question

jmaichel

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I am new to BIAB and beersmith and am driving myself crazy trying to figure out how to setup the profile I am looking for. I only have a 9 gal pot so its hard to 5 gal batches with more than 10 lbs of grain at the 3qts/1lb. What I want to do is setup a profile where my ratio is 2qts/1lb and then add remaining water to preboil volume. What are most of you using for mash profile? I estimate that my useable volume is closer to 7 gal vs 9 gal. Any help would be great.

I am just getting into all-grain BIAB recipes, but I modified the set up for 5-gal mini-BIAB and saved it under a separate profile.  I am only doing 2-1/2 gal recipes, so it fits quite nicely into a 5-gal pot with plenty of room to spare.  I set up the efficiency and water adds as I had done under my partial mash recipes that I brewed and will modify the settings to take into account the actual measurements I get while doing the all-grain recipes as I go.  This worked extremely well during my partial mash recipes.

Back