• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Cloud Storage - Central DB

BeerFingers

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I posted this in another section, but it's probably more appropriate here.

Sub-folder implementation would be a bonus to the Cloud storage feature now.
With the mobile apps I think most people will be working from their desktop as well as a mobile device now, so having a central location to store recipes both apps can access seems to make more sense.

I know you can already do this, but what the cloud is lacking is the ability to organise your recipes.

Quite often I'll be sharing a beer and someone will ask "what's in this?" or "what ABV is this?" or "what was your process schedule".
unless i have these recipes in the cloud, I can't just whip out my phone and tell them, and even if I do have them in the cloud i have to scroll through and dig the right recipe for that batch up from the list.
it also makes it harder to organise what's in the desktop version, phone version and the cloud. having 3 versions of the same recipe makes it harder to keep track of any edits you make.

Subfolders would allow an organised central location for recipes that you can access and edit anytime, regardless of the device you're on.
I think it would also encourage a LOT more people to purchase the storage upgrade and the mobile apps.

So essentially, I suppose, the reverse of what it is now, where the cloud is the 'working' folder for your recipes and local folders can be used for archive\backup etc.

I would love to see this implemented, it would make the apps just that much more superior over everything else on the market.

Cheers,

BF

Back