• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

I LOVE IT!

Detmurds

Brewer
Reaction score
Just transferred my first batch of Mosaic Hop IPA to the keg for carbonation, tasted it warm, flat and I have to say,.....the hop is the paramount of hops.  This IPA will be my staple as long as I am brewing!  Great Flower it is!

I had an excellent brew made with Mosaic brewed by Nathan Smith.  The beer had a tropical fruit character and a bit of simcoe like spiciness.  I thought it was a great session beer choice too.

Made ten gal of IPA and split into 2 kegs with keg #1 my usual dry hop of 1 oz each of Cascade and Amarillo and #2 with 2 oz of Mosaic. The Mosaic had an intense dank grapefruit which reminded me of Lagunitas Sucks. With the two kegs available for blending I discovered the Amarillo/Cascade contributes a fruitiness that even in small amounts begins to mute the grapefruit. So far, a 50/50 mix seems pretty good.
I did not get any of the blueberry suggested with mosaic, but I did not use any in either a boil or hop stand. My next experiment will have 50/50 Cascade to Mosaic and 50/50 Amarillo to Mosaic.

Back