• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Beersmith 2 - on Kindle Fire 1st gen

blackwedbrew

Apprentice
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone else is having troubles with stability on the 1st gen kindle fire, but I am. The program worked great the first time i downoaded and used it, but since then, anytime that I try to edit a recipe the program freezes and I have to force close it. I have gone as far as uninstalling the software and reinstalling it, and just reset my entire kindle fire to default factory settings. All to no avail. Any other suggestions on what could be going wrong?

thanks for any help
Michael

jeez, how wierd is that? maybe it's erroring looking at cloud info or something dumb like that. Does a kindle reset wipe the hard drive? If not perhaps there is a beersmith folder on there mucking things up.

Yeah, the reset, completely wipes the hard drive of anything but kindle files. It's really strange because it was working so well. It seems to have started when I downloaded a certain recipe from the cloud, and that is the one that I keep trying to edit... I will try another factory reset and bring over a different recipe... maybe there is a corrupt file in that one recipe. I'll report back.

OK, I don't want to jinx myself but that seemed to work. All of my other recipes seem to be working fine and the program is performing as expected. Not sure if that is something that needs to be looked at but... I am back in business so I am happy again.

Thanks for your help.
Michael

Hi,
  Not sure if it is related but one other user on Android had similar issues, and after resetting his phone it seemed to work again fine.  I've not been able to determine what is causing the issue, but if you find more information or a recipe that is consistently causing problems please email me.

Brad

Back