• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Candi Syrup Inc. Grain Type

cain_h

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I added some entries to my beersmith setup for Candi Syrup Inc. D-05 through D-180 with 1.032 potential as listed on the bag and had the grain "Type" field set to sugar but it seems like the final gravity of my beers ends higher than predicted by the software.  When I did a search online someone had said to enter it as an "Extract".  If I change the type field to Extract from Sugar the FG changes to the observed FG. 

Does anyone have any experience with Candi Syrup Inc.'s products and if so have you seen a similar effect? 
What is it that happens in the background of the software when you change from Sugar to Extract as the type?  Does the software see it as less fermentable? 
Is there a way to adjust the level of fermentability of an item added to the ingredient database?

Thanks for any help,

Chris

Back