• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Mobile Beersmith feature request: support Dropbox

jaw94087

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I just purchased the full version of Beersmith for the Iphone and was disappointed that I could not load recipes from Dropbox or other cloud storage providers. This is possible on the PC version! It appears Beersmith is trying to coerce users to use Beersmith cloud. And while Beersmith does provided a very limited access for free, I do not want another cloud. Please provide similar functionality that is available from the desktop version by offering the ability to load recipes from Dropbox and Skydrive. If users want to share recipes on Beersmith Cloud, great, but don't remove functionality as an attempt to coercing its use. :mad:

I'd like to see dropbox support as well. How can you call it a full mobile version if it can't even open a full recipe file?

I very much agree with the OP.  Support for user's cloud storage is very much needed nowadays.  Everybody has their preferred cloud storage solution, so please don't sway us to use more than we really need

I must agree with previous post.

This is really sad and we would like to get it working with dropbox!

I think Brad is somewhat concerned with seamless integration. I think this could be resolved relatively easily if you just added a preference to allow me so save my recipes to a selected folder on my computer. Both Dropbox and Google Drive have local folders if you install the client on your computer. They will then sync automagically to your cloud account and thereby let you share recipes easily between devices.

Hoping this is something he can do in an update.

Back