• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Buying BeerSmith Mobile for both Android and iPad

dplittle

Apprentice
Reaction score
I have an iPad and an Android phone and would like to have BeerSmith Mobile on both devices. I don't mind buying two different version (especially during the sale period) but just didn't want to if it wasn't necessary. I know I can have my full version on two different platforms (Mac in my office and an old PC in the brewhouse) but wasn't sure about Mobile.

Also, any idea when the in app upgrade might be ready? I did buy two copies of BeerSmith Lite, one for the iPad and one for my Android phone.

Thanks

David

Hi,
  You will probably not be shocked to hear that Apple and Google do not share licensing information or offer any way to share licensing info.  I would like to offer package deals, or even package the mobile and desktop versions but there is simply no way to do this using the app stores.

I'm working on the lite upgrade - hope to have it out in a few weeks (Android first due to the Apple review process).

Brad

Thanks Brad. Now off to buy the two versions and then brew.

Thanks for all the hard work. See you in Philly.

How about two Android devices - I have a tablet and a phone? Do I need to buy twice? I have the full version on my PC and my laptop, which makes it convenient to work up recipes in the comfort (and AC) in the house, and then take it with me to the brew site. I look forward to even more flexibility.

Hi,
  I believe if you have two Android or two IOS devices (you can't mix them) both tied to the same account (Google Play account or iTunes account respectively) that you can download/install it on both devices without any problems.

Brad

Back