• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Version reverting

RipUSMC

Apprentice
Reaction score
Might be an easy question for someone to answer, but when I play around with a recipe and change the "version #" I still have to "save as" a different version to be able to see the former recipes.  Is there a way to simply revert using the "version #" so I don't have to keep saving updated/edited recipes as a new recipe?  It would be great to simply dial back to version 1.3 to see how I had tweaked the recipe a few previous times ago when I cooked it.

That would be awesome. It should be able to spit out the differences between versions so you don't have to search for them as well.

Ya!  Basically it'd be great if I could just click in the "version" pull down in the recipe menu and look at previous versions, all saved under the same recipe name/title.  Maybe I tend to tweak recipes too much, but I like to play with the parameters and see what happens, then brew it.  Often I only have saved the last version, but I'd like to roll back 2 or 3 versions ago easily to see what I changed it from.

Hi,
  Not currently - though I am looking at changing the way recipes are saved to support some kind of archive of previous versions of a recipe.  I do have this available for paid members of BeerSmithRecipes.com - edits made to cloud folder recipes are actually saved and you can access the old versions BSMX files from the web page if you need to revert.

This is on my "to-do" list for the desktop version as well.

Brad

Back