• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Scrolling Problem - Android (Motorola Photon 4G)

GNVBrew80

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hey,
Apologize if this has been addressed before but I couldn't find any info elsewhere on the forum. I am running the latest (updated) version of BeerSmith Mobile for Android on my Motorola Photon 4G.

I continue to have a problem with the screen automatically scrolling down screen whenever I try to enter characters into a field (e.g., recipe title or amount of grain). It makes it difficult, if not impossible, to easily enter information.

Important note; This ONLY happens when there are more available options than can fill the current extent of the screen. Example is when I try to select a particular grain. The screen automatically scrolls down, away from the text box, before I can begin to enter a letter due to the high number of grain options.

I did NOT have this problem with the initial version (pre-update) of BeerSmith. Maybe I'm unique since it sounds like the update was released partially because there were scrolling problems with the initial offering.

Regards,
Alex

Thanks,
  This appears to be affecting older phones (2.1, 2.3 Android) when I enable hardware acceleration.  I'm researching to see if there is a fix I can implement to correct this while still maintaining the hardware acceleration.

Brad

I'm also having this issue. It makes the app virtually unusable.

I'm working to try to identify a solution as soon as possible.

Brad

I think I found the fix - it will be in the next build which I hope to release to Google Play and the Kindle Store as soon as I complete a bit more testing (in next few days).

Brad

Fantastic! Glad to hear that a solution may be close.

Appreciate your quick reply and dedication to improving the software!

Alex

Back