• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

New guy from MN

sennister

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am a new guy from MN. I just downloaded BeerSmith2 for my Android Tablet for homebrewing.

Started brewing this past November.

So far I have been brewing a few Ales this winter that were all extract kits.

Autumn Amber (Gone)
White House Honey Ale (Gone)
Irish Red Ale (Tapped)
Bavarian Wheat (Tapped)

I skipped the bottling deal and went right for kegging in Ball Lock Kegs. Currently I have 5 of them and room in the keggerator (Beverage Aire) for 4 at a time 3 tapped in the tower and one on a Cobra Tap.

I am building my equipment up to move to All Grain Brewing but it might not be until this fall or so that I will be fully equipped. Need to figure out how I want to do a few things first. I have 3 Half Barrels that I cut the tops off with a plasma cuter. I need to decide if I can sacrifice the space for a horizontal setup with a pump or go vertical to save space. I have turkey burners but may look at going right to electric so I don't have to mess with empty tanks mid way through a brew or having the garage door open for air in the winter. I have 220V in the shop so power isn't a concern. 

Welcome Sennister!
Sounds like an interesting dilemma you have (horizontal versus vertical equipment set up).
R,
Slurk

Back