• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Alarms not sounding on Android

brianhoj

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I have Beersmith Mobile and am using it on a Samsung Galaxy Nexus and an Asus Nexus 7 both running 4.2 of the OS.  When using the brewing timer and the alarm is set to go off, I get a notification in the notification bar of the phone but no sound.  Does anyone else have this issue? 

Not sure - I'm assuming you have the volume levels up on the phone/kindle?  I just ran a test here on several android devices (Fire, Tablet, phone) and it plays on all as long as the volume is up.

Brad

Volume is up all the way for ringer, notification, and alarms.  I get the notification icon in the upper left but now sound whatsoever.  Other alerts work without issue.

So I contacted Amazon because I was also not getting notification sound on my email app. They had me do a "factory re-set". Still did not work so they are sending me a replacement Kindle.

I also just used the brew timers for the first time since I upgraded from lite to the full mobile version and now there is no alarm sounds. Tested my volume on other apps and it tested fine.

Hi,
  I'm still trying to figure this one out.  I have a Kindle Fire 1 and just tested the latest Lite and Full on it and in both cases it does play the alarms.  My Android tablet also plays them.  I'll go back and check the code today, however, to see if anything has changed at all.

Brad

I found the potential source of the problem - and made one change.  Can any of you upload an APK file to test?  Drop me an email at beersmith at my beersmith.com domain if you can.

Brad

I am also having this issue.  On my Motorola Electrify (running 2.3.5) I get a visual notification and it vibrates once.  On my Motorola Xoom (4.1.2) I just get the visual notification.  This is running 2.01.048.  Any help would be appreciated, and if there is anymore information I can provide let me know.

That is odd - the new version (2.1.48) corrected the issue on Kindle and others.  I'm not sure why it would not work on your Xoom.  Are you running the full version or "lite" version?

Brad

Well I feel like somewhat of an idiot.  Turns out the volume was up on my Xoom, but the notifications volume was down.  Both lite and full work well now on that.  I am still having issues with my Electrify though.  I have checked and rechecked volumes are all up.  I can hear it when I get other notifications, but it is just a vibration and a visual notification when the alarm ends in either app.  Any suggestions?

Back