• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Import Recipes in Trial Mode?

coypoo

Apprentice
Reaction score
Have updated from Windows to Mac. I downloaded the trial of Beersmith 2 on the new Mac to see if I like it or will stick with version 1 on the older Windows laptop. I have exported my recipes from 1 to a USB in .bsm format and put that onto the Mac.

When ever I tried to import the recipes I get an error message. Is this because of the trial version, or have I done something incorrectly? Thanks

The Mac 64 bit has problems reading some older BSM files do to byte alignment issues.  If you want to email the BSM file to me I can open it here and send back the BSMX file for you.  I won't share it with anyone and will delete it once done.

Brad

I go to the beer cloud website and try to add recipes (I purchased the mobile app) it downloads them but they just open up in a text box -- cant get them in BeerSmith??

Looks like this and is a text file:
<F_E_OLD_EVAP_RATE>9.0000000</F_E_OLD_EVAP_RATE>
<F_EQUIP_39>1</F_EQUIP_39>
<F_E_BOIL_OFF>144.6400000</F_E_BOIL_OFF>
<F_E_TRUB_LOSS>128.0000000</F_E_TRUB_LOSS>
<F_E_COOL_PCT>4.0000000</F_E_COOL_PCT>
<F_E_TOP_UP_KETTLE>0.0000000</F_E_TOP_UP_KETTLE>
<F_E_BATCH_VOL>832.0000000</F_E_BATCH_VOL>
<F_E_FERMENTER_LOSS>96.0000000</F_E_FERMENTER_LOSS>
<F_E_TOP_UP>0.0000000</F_E_TOP_UP>
<F_E_EFFICIENCY>72.0000000</F_E_EFFICIENCY>
<F_E_HOP_UTIL>100.0000000</F_E_HOP_UTIL>
<F_E_NOTES>Popular 10 gallon setup for all grain brewing.  Uses a 10 gallon water cooler as mash tun for single infusion mashes and a 15 gallon brew pot for full size boil of the 12+ gallons of wort.</F_E_NOTES>

Do I have to buy the Desktop version too ??? I downloaded the 64 bit trial on the Mac but it won't recognized the text box style recipe (greyed out)

Please help?

Back