• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Tools on left should import in values from the open recipe

dstedman

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi - great software! I'm in the processing of converting over from Promash, and while I REALLY like the up to date interface, I am starting to notice some things lacking in BeerSmith that ProMash had going for it. The major thing is that all of the tools that could import values from the open recipe don't (like attenuation, hydrometer adjustment, water needed, etc...). I'd like to have all of these things import values from the open recipe so I don't have to key it in every time. I noticed this while figuring out the attenuation of my current batch, which BTW is surprisingly not on the main recipe page.

Adding dilution ability to my water is also a big thing missing since my water is so hard that I need to dilute it with RO water and still need to use Promash for this calculation.

Otherwise BeerSmith has been great! I think the printouts of the recipes are top-notch, the interface is intuitive, and it's nice to let the tool figure out my water additions & temperatures without having to do all of the manual setup that Promash always required.

thanks!
dan

Dan,
  Thanks for the feedback.  I will add the items to my "to do" list.

Brad

Back