• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hello from Greensboro,NC

robames1

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hello! I have been brewing for the last year and a half. I started out with Mr Beer and still want to do mostly small batches, except for some larger batches of more base beers like Kolschs, Amber Ales etc..

Doing the trial of Beer Smith and want to scale recipes down to the 2.13 gallon size.

Any thoughts or insights are appreciated.

Thanks!

Welcome.  Check out Battleground Brewer's Guild and/or Winston-Salem Worthawgs homebrew clubs. 

If you are typing in a recipe, are using one of the recipes that is on the program, or have downloaded it, there's a neat little button on the menu labeled "Scale Recipe".  Open the recipe you want to scale, press the scale recipe button and you will have the option to change your equipment profile to match your gear and the size of the recipe (as measured into the fermentor).

It does a pretty good job, though I usually go back and round up/down some of the ingredients to match my measurement capabilities. 

Back