• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

allow adjustment of time for brewing additions.

wvbear1578

Apprentice
Reaction score
I am brewing a Maple porter and I am trying to keep track of when I add the maple.  Since I am not adding it at the beginning of the boil.  Could be I just don't see how to do it, but it would be great if there was a way to adjust the time when you add things.
Thanks

It took me a little while to figure it out, but it's not that difficult.  Once you add a sugar or other material into the recipe, double click on that material, which opens up the property box for that ingredient.  Change the 'type' from sugar (or whatever it may be listed as) to extract.  This unlocks the 'Late Extract Boil Time' box.  You can input the boil time into this box and save the profile.  I then go back to the property box and change the type back to the original (sugar or whatever you had it as), which changes the fermenting properties back to what it should be and still retains the late addition time in the boil.

Oh perfect. Thanks.  That makes things so much easier.  and cleaner then all the hand written scribble on my sheets.

LOL, it doesn't help me much with the scribbles.  Must be my training in the lab, but my batch sheets always come out with markings, front and back, on gravities, volumes, time and amount confirmations and other notes related to the batch.  Later they have tasting comments and information...

Back