• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hello from Ohio

Robin Foster

Brewer
Reaction score
My husband and I started with the home brewing about a year ago.  Most of the beer has turned out pretty good except that they all have a bit of an after taste.  We tried our first all grain beer this past weekend.  I know I didn't do a couple of things right, so we will see how this one turns out.  I would like to learn more about OG"s, specific gravity, IBU's, temperatures etc.  They are mentioned in every recipe, but I really don't understand what they are in a beer sense and why they are so important.

Welcome to the forum, Robin.

John Palmer's How to Brew was my first book on the subject, and it is still one of the most recommended books to get when starting out. This book will answer your questions and more.

Cheers,

Phil

<edit> I see now that Maine Homebrewer has already pointed you in the right direction. Lot's of good advice here.

Back