• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Linux / Mac version

S

sherlock_holmboy

I saw the older threads on this toppic and they where about 2 years old. Just wondering if there's been any progress towards either. A nice linux version would make me one happy brewer ;D

Sherlock,
  I did start a version based on wxWigits, but ran into some difficult technical limitations and did not pursue it much farther.  When I get around to writing BeerSmith 2.0 (in the future) it will definitely be a tri-platform development however.  At the moment I'm focusing on BeerSmith 1.4 and also BrewWiki.

Brad

I am running 1.3 on Ubuntu under Crossover and so far it is running great.

I havent tried it on crossover yet... but I did use Win4Lin and just ran it inside a virtual Win98 window....worked great like that too

I think it's fair to repose the question again each year:).

Any luck people are having with windows emulation on Mac and Beersmith?

It's the only software package addiction I am not able to move over from my MS to Mac machines.

Cheers

Yes,
  I'm actually chipping away at it again now that version 1.4 is complete.  In fact I was working on some of the infrastructure for it tonight.

However, this is a huge project (basically a full rewrite), so I would say the cross platform version is still some ways off.

Cheers!
Brad

Beersmith 1.4 + Wine working for me too, but it's impossible to print directly from beersmith (that seems to use MSIE for that).
The workaround I use is to export the receipt as html file and then print it  with my browser.
If someone have a beter way to do, I'm interested in.

For printing under Wine, I believe someone posted that if you install IE under Wine it will correct the printing problem.  I have not tried it myself, but I recall seeing the post here somewhere.

Cheers!
Brad

I found the topic (http://www.beersmith.com/forum/index.php?topic=1221.0). I will continue asking my questions there.

Thank's

Back