• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

"Deleted Stock Lock File" Message at Start-Up?

EmmaC

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi!

I keep getting this message about a "Deleted Stock Lock File" at start-up: http://screencast.com/t/0JenJcYv

A few times, I've also had a warning message that I can't log in to Beer Smith because another version of Beer Smith was running. I've checked all my applications and only seem to have one Beer Smith application installed (which is NOT running at the time I receive the error message, at least to my knowledge), so I'm not sure where this error message is coming from. Usually restarting my computer "fixes" the problem and I am able to access Beer Smith...at least until the next time it happens.

I am on a Mac running Mac OS X Lion, and I have tried uninstalling and re-installing (though honestly, I'm not very mac-savvy, so to me, this meant deleting the application, deleting it from the Trash, and then re-installing Beer Smith -- I could totally be doing this wrong)

Help! Any idea what's going on?

Hi,
  This is a fairly rare problem that has been tied to doing an operating system update while BeerSmith is still running on the Mac.

I recommend the following steps as a first fix:
  - Make sure BeerSmith is not running
  - Go to your Home directory and delete the file "BeerSmith2-USERNAME" if it exists where USERNAME is your user name- this lock file usually causes the problem

Let me know if this does not work - in most cases I've found this corrects the issue.

Back